Saturday, 24 October 2009

The beginning of something...err...beautiful???!

The first step in making this costume is to acquire or create a bust with shoulders and a section of the neck.
I thought i should make the bust section, and possibly try and mould it somehow using a very light material... as this bust is going to be in my back all night!! So i went with the idea of moulding it out of Duct Tape. Niiice!
I gathered up my ever so reliable assistants (and ones that i trusted and were comfortable enough with...seeing as though they would be moulding my...err... assets) and they set to work.
I used an old LONG SLEEVE t-shirt (so that the duct tape didn't stick to my skin).
My assistants, Marilou & Stuart started to mould very carefully. Make sure they do the contours of the breast area well, otherwise you will have a flat chested lady in a dress...



I think they were enjoying it a little tooo much!

After this is done, you need to cut the mould off - but do so VERY CAREFULLY.
M & S cut a lovely straight line up the back of the mould (careful not to cut your bra strap) and i was released and could finally breathe!!
Stuart found the idea of trying it on all too much - he just couldnt resist!



Finally the strapping and taping and messing about was done - and we could enjoy those lovely glasses of wine further...   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment