Saturday, 24 October 2009

Step 2

The next step will be to make the bust form nice and strong... So i decided to be GREEN and recycle by doing some paper-mache'
This means I get to do what i love doing most - PLAYING!!!
I set out and got some newspapers, white glue and a good paintbrush.
I diluted some white glue with a little warm water and cut my newspaper into strips - of different sizes and widths.










As you can see, I made myself comfy on the kitchen floor - as all the glue messes more than you realise!
Make sure you use somewhere that you can easily clean up.

I would recommend doing a few layers... maybe 2 or 3, depending on how thick and how firm the bust mould feels. Remember, it must be firm - it cant be flopping about or break easily.
Make sure your first layer is completely dry before adding your second layer.
After I had done the first layer, i decided to speed up the drying time with a hair dryer.










Then, final step of the first layer is to apply a good layer of nice, thick glue.
This strengthens it and ensures that the newspaper doesn't start peeling away or curling up.

You can now start repeating these steps to apply your 2nd, third and even 4th layer (if you need that many)

No comments:

Post a Comment